My Current Nighttime Skincare Routine

skincare products clinique routine


As a beauty blogger, I should always be on the verge of trying to find new great skincare and beauty products to try out and also to take good care of my skin and beauty itself. Skincare is something that is so important to me because think about it, it's the thing that holds us all together. Not trying to brag but not one time in my life have I gotten a huge breakout and more than 3 pimples on my face. It's just something I really worry about and take care of. It's important to take care of your skin it not only affects how you look but also how you feel. Think about it, when was the last time you had a pimple or a few and just hated to look at it and it bothered you up until it finally cleared away? It's pretty annoying am I right? Exactly.

That's why I'm writing this post for you all. I know how it feels and how skin care can be something that's pretty hard to keep up with. When your busy all day from work or errands and you come home late and just want to crash the last thing you feel like doing is taking off your makeup you just want to pass out. It's something we've all been through and still struggle with from time to time. Like I said though, skincare is super important and it also makes your makeup 10x easier when you are completely breakout free or almost completely breakout free.

So, if you want to know how I keep my skin flawless and pimple free just keep reading. Also, don't forget if you want to stay updated when my posts go live just follow and subscribe on the right-hand side and I'll also leave a link at the end of this post so you can subscribe to my email list where I will update you by email everytime I upload a new post. :) Now I'll stop rambling and get into the post.

STEP 1 CLEAN

As I said earlier I know when you get home from a long day all you want to do is crash. Although it's really nice to do so it's also super important that you remove all your makeup and really get all that dirt and sweat from throughout the day off. The number one cause of breakouts is obviously, clogged pores. That's something that makeup and dirt and sweat and oils will do to your face. The thing I love to do is just go ahead when I get home, change into some comfy clothes, and then start removing my makeup with either Neutrogena makeup wipes or my Clinique micellar gel and a cotton pad. Once it looks like I've gotten most of it off I'll go ahead and wash my face and since I was probably 15 I have used Clean & Clear foaming face wash. It has a super simple formula and it really gets in there and cleans. Not only that but it has a really simple smell that isn't too much and it's also great for oily or dry skin. After I use this face wash my skin feels really smooth and clean. Never have I had any issues using this face wash, only when I would stop using it. 

STEP 2 EXFOLIATE 

Now, this is something I've put into my skincare routine recently because I was noticing a ton of dry skin and it was severely bothering me. In all honesty, I wasn't ever exfoliating and I feel this is the reason why. You should do this at least every other night to really get deep into your skin and those pores to scrub out all of the makeup and dirt that gets deep into your skin throughout the day. Not only that but it really helps with clogged pores from sweat and oil throughout the day too. Just make sure you use a really good moisturizer after because exfoliating is really tough on your skin. My all-time favorite exfoliator is the exfoliating scrub by Clinique. I really feel like it gets deep into my skin and really clears out all the nasty gunk from the day and just leaves my skin super soft and smooth. 

STEP 3 MASK

No, I don't do this every single night I'll be honest. This is something though I love to do about 2-3 times a week because they are so good for skin and feel so great afterward. Not only that but they are so fun to do! Comment below if you love to use a face mask and then take a bunch of funny Snaps. That is my all time favorite thing to do when I use a face mask. Who says you can't have fun while taking care of your skin?!? My all time favorite masks by far are the Glam Glow masks and my favorite one so far is My Little Pony Gravitymud  Firming Treatment and they have these in pink, purple, and black glitter. They show the best results for me and are super fun to use. SOME HAVE GLITTER IN THEM, YOU GUYS!

STEP 4 MOISTURIZE

After all of these steps, we are finally down to the last. Moisturizing is something that is so so so important though after all of this work. Exfoliating and some masks can be crucial on the skin and while it removes all the oil, dirt, and toxins it can also leave your skin dried out the next day or so if you don't use the right masks especially. The last thing you want is dry flaky skin so it's good to have the perfect moisturizer. You want one that isn't too heavy but also isn't too light and gets the job done completely. My all-time go-to moisturizer that honestly gets the full job done and feels so good to use on my skin is the Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Night Cream and the reason I love this product so much is because it literally works all night long. I'll put this on after my skincare routine and then go to bed and the next morning I'll wake up and my face is way soft.  It might be a little pricey but it's worth it in the end for the smooth face I get in the morning. 

ALSO

After all of this is done I like to add one more step sometimes two. Almost all of my life I have fought with dark under eye circles from low iron because my iron is always low no matter if I take supplements or not. Maybe it's the cokes I drink then again maybe not, anyways... I love to go in with an under eye cream and my all time favorite product for this is the Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment. Not only do I love this product because it's by Tarte but it also works wonders on dark circles and puffiness. I'm a huge night owl so like I said almost all of my life I've dealt with dark circles from iron but also puffiness from being so tired and also mornings full of allergy attacks. With this though I'll wake up the next morning and I actually have normal looking eyes and it looks like I got 8+ hours of sleep. It's like magic in a jar and I'm so blessed to have this product in my life. 

Andddd that was it for this post! As you can tell skincare is super important to me and I always have to make sure to stray away from breakouts because my skin is super important to me. If only I worked out as much as I work on my skincare... ugh. Anyways, I sincerely hope you all enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it and if you would like to try out any of the products I mentioned they are all linked throughout the post so you can check them out for yourself. Don't forget to sign up for my email list and I hope you all enjoyed this post! Check back for more soon, or your email if you sign up for the list. :) 

Thank you for all of your love and support! XOXOXO -Dawn


PIN IT FOR LATER:
skincare routine night orange products

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much and definitely! I'll check your blog out and follow now. :)

    ReplyDelete