50 Ways to Lift Your Mood

50 ways to lift your mood




Hey loves and welcome back to my blog!

Today's post I wanted to change it up a bit and just do something that isn't makeup related for once. I hope you all are okay with that. It's just lately I've felt uninspired in the makeup world and just not motivated to do the things I normally would love to do. Something about makeup and how obsessed I was with it has worn completely off almost.

Lately, I haven't dressed up and have been trying to go natural and give myself a break from beauty and focus more on my mental well-being instead of how I look. It's the most important thing and I really feel a lot better for it. Soon I'll get back to writing beauty blog posts but for today I just wanted to try something different and see how it went.

Sometimes we all get so caught up in the beauty world and fashion and everything based off of looks that we forget to take care of ourselves and our mental health. It easily happens to everyone and then we lose track of where we wanted to be and what we really wanted to do because we were so focused on everything looking perfect for social media and other people when behind closed doors it's a complete mess. I'm not here to be fake and act like everything is perfect. I'll tell the truth whether it be good or bad I'll write that things aren't perfect whereas the media these days thinks it's alright to try and act like someone you aren't. You should always be yourself and love yourself just as much as you do others. Don't be chained to the game of comparison and compare yourself or your life to others. Just work on your own.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling on. If you've been down, kicked around, and in a crappy mood lately then here are 50 ways you can lift your mood to get you up and smiling again. :)


  1. Get out of your house. 
  2. Travel.
  3. Get outdoors.
  4. Hang out with your pet. 
  5. Hang out with family, friends, boy/girlfriend. 
  6. Read.
  7. Write.
  8. Listen to happy music. 
  9. Ride bikes around town. 
  10. Go to a water park or amusement park.
  11. Workout. Go for a run or any workout in general. 
  12. Do yoga. 
  13. Have a singing/dancing party. Even if it's just in your house. 
  14. Go see a movie. 
  15. Grab your favorite warm drink. Coffee, tea, whatever it is from your favorite cafe. 
  16. Buy yourself flowers. 
  17. Splurge on yourself. 
  18. Cook or bake something you've never tried before or made. 
  19. Watch funny videos. 
  20. Meditate.
  21. Draw
  22. Paint
  23. Decorate/clean.
  24. Have an at-home pamper/spa night. 
  25. Light some candles.
  26. Go for a drive.
  27. Read inspirational quotes. 
  28. Make/add to your dream board. 
  29. Watch your favorite show.
  30. Get your favorite ice cream/candy and eat it. 
  31. Take a nap.
  32. Go to the beach. 
  33. Go for a walk.
  34. Rearrange your house.
  35. Decorate your house (seasonal or just overall)
  36. Get some sunlight.
  37. Vent. To a friend, family member, or just to yourself. 
  38. Cry and let it all out. 
  39. Play your favorite video game. 
  40. Drink a glass of wine or make yourself a healthy smoothie. Whichever makes you feel the best today. 
  41. Listen to your favorite podcast. 
  42. Get some work done. After you're done you'll feel better. 
  43. Watch your favorite movie. (Even if it's a Disney one)
  44. Watch some cartoons. They never fail to cheer me up.
  45. Go to your favorite restaurant. 
  46. Try a new restaurant. 
  47. Paint your nails.
  48. Go get your hair done, treat yo self. 
  49. Get organized, it never fails to make me feel better. 
  50. Smile. Because even if you are having a bad day smiling can make you feel a little put together and better anyways. 
I hope this post inspired you and helps you find the best ways to boost your mood and get you up and going again. Thank you all so much for reading and check back soon for more posts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment