Prologue // The Woods

dark woods spooky horror nature environment


As you all know if you keep up with my blog, I've been talking about starting on an eBook for ages now. It's something that I just haven't gotten around to doing though or just always end up uninspired to write because life has me down. The truth is though, I have to stop procrastinating and get it done. So, I started today and HAD to share with you all the prologue of my eBook and the beginning of it all. This is so exciting for me and such a huge step in a great direction. I'm so excited to work even more on this project and continue on this new journey. This eBook is a horror eBook and will be as creepy as it can possibly get. Since I was little I've always been into scary movies and books and just creepy things in general especially Halloween. So, I figured that's where I'm most creative so I should start there. This is so exciting with me and I'll be updating you all on my blog and in posts every now and again to let you know where I'm at and the estimated release date once I get there. It might take a while because I really want it to be great and as close to perfect as I can get it but it will be well worth it. I can't wait to continue this journey and take you along with me. Please don't forget to share and comment below if you enjoyed reading the prologue and if you're super excited about the book! Can't wait to have it finished and out and ready for you all to read as well. :)

PROLOGUE//THE WOODS 

Walking through the woods alone, afraid, and in the complete darkness scared for my life wasn’t what I envisioned my Friday night to be like. It was August 3rd, Friday the 13th, of course, this would happen, and somehow I ended up in the middle of the woods lost. In all honesty, I do not remember how I got here. My head hurts and everything looks blurred, then all of a sudden I feel something running down the side of my face. As I gently touch my head to check for any bumps I feel a huge gash on my right temple. Completely freaking out I had to sit down because it was causing me to have a panic attack. Where are my friends? Family? Boyfriend? Anyone? Not one person to be found. It’s just me in these dark, freezing cold, terrifying woods. The scariest part is, I don’t feel completely alone out here. Who is out here though? Who's watching me? Why is my head gashed open and how did I even end up here? The last thing I can remember is my friends and I were out at a nightclub. My boyfriend and I sitting in a corner drinking a vodka soda while all of our friends partied the night away. More than likely I blacked out right? Maybe I got so wasted I just wandered into the woods on my own and just can’t seem to remember it. Then I think, why wouldn’t my friends stop me or not see me and come looking for me? Why do I feel sore as if I had been running for hours and I have this huge gash on my head? Nothing's making any sense and everything’s completely foggy in my head. As I kept holding painful pressure on the huge gash on my head, I started walking around to see if I could find buildings, a house, lights, the road, or my friends or boyfriend… nothing. Walking around for hours I found nothing. It was still dark out and I was really woozy and decided to lie down on the cold ground before I passed out or bled to death. As I lay there, I started to cry because I didn’t know if I would ever get out of these woods alive. Would I make it out? Eventually, I started to slowly drift off to sleep and hoped that tomorrow during daylight I would be able to find my way out of this nightmare.



No comments:

Post a Comment