Life Updates + Where I've Been

girlboss neon lights


Hey loves and welcome back to my blog!

Recently I know I haven't posted anything and have just been super unmotivated and uninspired to blog because not only was I burnt out but I also really found some of the negative side of the blogging community. Also, I was really discouraged because I was putting so much work into my site and not really seeing any results from it nor growing the little community I hoped to. The sunshine blogger award and who I nominated also didn't really seem happy nor excited to receive the award and I had a lot of people UNfollow me after I nominated them? Honestly, I don't really understand why I was just trying to be nice but it's alright. It's just lately I've been trying to be so nice and connect with other bloggers and then they just unfollow me and it really uninspired me because I thought to myself, "What's the point in blogging if other bloggers can't even be nice and support each other." Sure, my site doesn't have its own domain like everyone else's because I haven't had the money, not everyone does. That's something I plan on doing once I start working very soon.

Another little life update as you all know Blogtober is coming up, not only that but YouTober as well. This year I will be participating and doing some fun/creepy Halloween makeup looks as well as just some basic fall ones and holiday inspired ones. I'm super excited to get started on that because I love doing Halloween makeup so I figured why not do a ton and film it all. This will be my first YouTober year which is going to be a ton of work but I'm really excited about it. As for Blogtober, I will participate but there are no promises I'll stick to it considering how much I've been turning towards the YouTube community and working on there from now on. Not only does it seem to show more results for me and rewards already but it's really fun because I get to try out fun makeup looks, film them, and share them with others. In all honesty, I've tried to stick with blogging for about 3 or 4 years now and it just hasn't fully worked out for me... I do plan on sticking to it as a hobby but not stressing about it like I used to. Used to I would obsess over getting 200 things done at once and wasn't living my life other than blogging. I burnt myself out, but I also realized what I really want to do. YouTube is such an uplifting and positive place and yes there are some negatives but for smaller channels and people like me, there is nothing but positivity. I have had many more positive video comments on there than I ever have in my 3 or 4 years blogging.

So, in all honesty, I'm not fully leaving my blog but I will be cutting down on things and working more on YouTube and my eBook which I haven't started yet because I've been so worried about blogging. If this let some people down I want to apologize, I really didn't mean to. It's just that blogging is something that should've worked out a long time ago if it was meant for me. It's just not meant to be my "online" full-time career and that's completely okay because there are so many others! As I said, as a hobby, I still plan on blogging and getting posts out to you just more on days I feel like posting instead of a strict 7 days a week, a certain time of day, schedule. That was too stressful and wasn't worth it in the end anyway. If you haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel I highly recommend it because as of today, I do plan on starting some more videos and working on it again. I'm so excited to start working on my channel again because it was such an exciting yet nerve wracking thing that I think is completely worth it in the long run.

That was all of my life updates and me updating you on where I've been lately. I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget, sharing is caring. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment